Thank you for being part of the Tierion Community. These common-sense guidelines ensure everyone will continue to provide a platform for our members to engage, learn and grow. These guidelines will be reviewed regularly and updated as the needs of our community change.
Get to know Tierion and become a part of our community.
- Tierion FAQ
- Where: Discord, Twitter, Telegram, FB
- Who: community of node operators, developers, crypto enthusiasts, and our team
- What: nodes, proof engine, Chainpoint
- Tierion / Chainpoint’s API’s connect/anchor hashes of data to the Bitcoin/Ethereum blockchain and return a timestamp + Chainpoint proof.
- Do: be kind and respectful to others, be active across our channels
- Don’t: engage in any kind of harassment, spam, or discriminatory/hateful content/language
We encourage all out community members to:
- Join all of Tierion’s communities
- Follow Tierion across social platforms
- Contribute to conversations
- Answer questions + helping others
- Be kind to others
- Use appropriate language
- Respect all races / ethnic origins, religions, disabilities, genders, ages, nationalities, veteran status, or sexual orientations / gender identities
We encourage every community members to engage one another in conversations. Ideally those conversations would be about Tierion, but we know sometimes people can get off topic (we get it!).
Ways to engage:
- Build a project using Chainpoint
- Translate our JS library into other languages (PHP, Go, Python)
- Build something using our JS library or Node API
- Engage in the Tierion Discord and/or Telegram groups
- Share (constructive) ideas, input, feedback
- Discuss node operation, registration
- Ask questions
- Engage with us on Twitter
- Tweet us your thoughts / projects / Tierion use cases!
- Set up and run node(s)
At Tierion, we believe in, and highly value, growth mindsets (aka constant improvement / growth over definitive “success”/”failure”). We want to bring that same spirit to our community, and grow with you. There is so much to learn from each other, and with each other. This is also an opportunity to meet people that share similar interests (crypto! hashing data! blockchain!) and grow your network of colleagues / friends.
Our community provides opportunities for members to share knowledge and learn. Please give credit where credit is due. This includes giving a “hat tip” to a mentor or citing sources when giving advice to others.
Cool things to learn about:
- How to verify a Chainpoint proof without Tierion
- How Tierion, Chainpoint works
- The history of the blockchain
- How to set up, operate a node
Doing any of the things on the “Don’t” list will result in your removal from the Tierion Community.
Spam and Scams
Everyone hates spam. Don’t create misleading content. It’s not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content in our communities.
If someone has posted your personal information you can request the removal of that content. We will take action accordingly.
Accounts that are established to impersonate another individual and/or company will be removed.
Tierion community members are expected to and must obey / comply with all copyright laws.
Distasteful, hateful, violent, graphic, or dangerous content
We do not support content that promotes or condones violence or hate against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity, or whose primary purpose is inciting hatred on the basis of these core characteristics. This can be a delicate balancing act, but if the primary purpose is to attack a protected group, the content crosses the line.
Do not post anything that encourages others to do things that might cause them to be harmed (hacked, physically injured, etc).
Do not post obscenities.
Harassment and Cyberbullying
It is not ok to post abusive content on our communities. If harassment crosses the line into a malicious attack it can be reported and may be removed. In some cases, users may be mildly annoying or petty and should be ignored.
Sexual harassment will not be tolerated and will be reported and removed, and, if continued, will result in the expulsion of the user from the community.
Doxing and DDOS attacks are considered malicious attacks and will result in immediate expulsion of the user and the offending post(s).
Predatory behavior, stalking, threats, harassment, intimidation, invasion of privacy, revealing other people’s personal information, and inciting others to commit violent acts are taken very seriously. Anyone caught doing these things will be banned from our communities (in some cases, permanently) and will be reported to law enforcement.
Nudity or Sexual Content
It is not acceptable to post, link to, or discuss nudity or sexual content.